A Tobacco Control Policy & Legal Resource Center
Supporting Smokefree Air & Tobacco-Free Lives

Syracuse hospital bans e-cigarettes after patient on oxygen catches fire while using one (Syracuse.Com)

Posted on

St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center is implementing an electronic cigarette ban after a fire on March 22, 2014. Read an article about the patient who was burned from ear to ear had an e-cigarette in her mouth and was using oxygen. Dr. Sandra Sulik, the hospital’s vice president of medical affairs, is convinced that a patient’s e-cigarette sparked the fire, saying that “there’s no doubt about it”.

Read more information about electronic cigarettes in GASP’s white paper or at our webpage.