A Tobacco Control Policy & Legal Resource Center
Supporting Smokefree Air & Tobacco-Free Lives

E-Cigarette Causes Fire and Serious Burns at Manchester Hospital (The Daily Mail)

Posted on

A patient at Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester, England was engulfed in flames and is suffering severe burns to her scalp and face following an explosion caused by an electronic cigarette. The patient who was in for a routine surgery was injured when her e-cigarette ignited her oxygen supply in hospital. Read more from the news article in The Daily Mail.

Read more information about electronic cigarettes in GASP’s white paper or at our webpage.