GASP Lists, White Papers and Publications
Pending tobacco-control legislation for the current legislative session, as well as historical bills.
GASP's list of all New Jersey municipalities and counties that restrict smoking in parks and recreational areas, sorted by county.
White papers with detailed supporting research on various tobacco-control related topics.
- Electronic Cigarettes is GASP's white paper documenting potential health risks associated with e-cigarettes.
- Smoking Ban Outdoors gives supporting background information that supports outdoor smoking bans to protect children who congregate at parks, playgrounds, beaches and other recreational facilities.
- Smoking Ban in Cars gives supportive background information and lists jurisdictions banning smoking in vehicles when children are present.
- Protecting foster/resource family children gives background information that supports protecting foster/resource family children from second hand smoke in homes and cars.
- Hazards of smoking near the operation of portable oxygen equipment.
- Our housing brochure in English and Spanish is in a tri-fold brochure format and will be best read as a printed and folded document.
- Our hookah poster summarizes the health concerns with hookah smoking and youth hookah smoking prevalence rates.
Smokefree gaming articles and papers
GASP maintains the following lists of juridictions with smokefree gaming:
- North American jurisdictions that require smokefree gaming
- Global alphabetical list of jurisdictions with legislation requiring smokefree gaming
- Global regional list of jurisdictions with legislation requiring smokefree gaming
With the proliferation of jurisdications including gaming venues in their smokefree air laws, NJ GASP Executive Director, Karen Blumenfeld, Esq., has published four articles in Spectrum Gaming Group's Gaming Industry Observer:
- Read the May 23, 2011 article, "As legislators step in, casinos weigh reasons to go smokefree," on page 3 of the publication.
- Read the front page article, "Smokefree gaming spreads through states, countries; Poor economy tempers trend," from September 28, 2009.
- Read the May 19, 2008 article, "Smart operators will find the silver (or platinum) lining of smokefree casinos," that was distributed at the East Coast Gaming Congress in May 2008, in Atlantic City.
- Read the July 30, 2007 article, "As smoke clears, casinos can see path to new profitability," on page 7 of the publication.
Last update: 5/10/13